Endless Drool

Friday, November 10, 2006

Monster Update

Time to resurrect this blog with a mostly pictorial update. It`s been eons since my last entry, but now that I`m almost an unemployed bum, I think I have some time. More on the unemployed bit later.

Here's what went down the last few months in pictures and a few choice words...

My crazy Turk friend got married on May 27th. In Vegas and in Drag no less. Yes, apparently this really happened, and unfortunately I was not there to witness it. And I had such a nice dress picked out for the occasion too... Congrats, Kerim and Kitty!



June was a blur with getting the apartment ready for sale and showing, and moving into the house. We did manage to escape for one weekend to 100 mile house though. Here's a picture of the pretty impressive view from the cabin:




A few things happened in July. My Dad came for a visit from Indonesia. It was good to see him again, and actually get a chance to show him around town. Last time we saw him, we were wrapped up in all kinds of wedding activity. Here`s a picture of him at a scenic stop in Porteau Cove, during a a fun day trip to Whistler.



Also in July, Cath, Emma and I drove up to Winnipeg, to be part of Kim and Clay`s wedding. Kim`s parents, Ron and Linda, were very nice to let us stay in their Cabin at Lake Winnipeg. Don, Sue, Chrissy, Aunt Janet and my Dad came out and it was a real family trip.

First, a picture of our driver:



Two of my favourite girls, next to our silver Zoom-zoom:




Kim and Clay, the happy couple. Congrats to them again!



Here`s most of the Vancouver, Indonesia crew at Gimli.




On another day, Cath and I took a trip back to Gimli by ourselves, and went Sea-Dooing. Sea-Dooing was something I always wanted to try but never did. What could be better than whipping up and down the lake at high speed with a pretty blonde clinging to your back? Not much I tell ya!

The trip was a blast, but I wish we would have had more time. As it was, we came back just in time to find out that the company that bought the company I work for, was deciding to move all the employees it could to DC, so they could shut down the Vancouver Office. So we were given a choice to relocate or take a severance package.

In order to evaluate relocation, we traveled to Washington, DC for 4 days. Washington has a lot of things going for it. It was a trip, being at the monuments that we'd seen in pictures, on TV, and in movies so many times before. The Smithsonian museums and most of the sights actually were free. Cathy enjoyed the shopping at Georgetown. Yes the wallet is still recovering. :-)

Here's a picture at the World War II Memorial, with the oh-so phallic Washington Monument in the background and wifey in the foreground:



... and a shot of a night excursion that my work crew went on. Man, I miss the crew. This particular evening, me, Cath, Gwilli, Erin, Jenna and Jeff walked to the Lincoln Memorial, the surrounding park, and through George Washington University.



As much fun as Washington could be, we decided it would be better for us to stay in Vancouver. Most people from our office decided the same. At the end of September, most of the staff left. We had one last bash, starting at noon at the PIT, going onto Koerners in the afternoon, and one other place though I don`t remember where that was. With the festivities having started at noon, this is probably not surprising.



Viv drove me home that night, and here`s the sunset during the ride home. I worked almost 7 years for this company, and it was sad to see it come to an end this way. We had a good run while it lasted, and I`ll definitely miss everyone. I`m sure for most people there will be bigger and better things to come.



Life continues on. As for us, we`ve been doing lots of home renos, which are certainly worthy of a separate blog entry at a future time. I am also back in school, enrolled in the Applied Web Development program at BCIT. Time to move on to some "bigger and better things"...

1 Comments:

  • thanks ween, tho I'm no "Sr." yet. I'm sure some young punks would argue that though (damn them!) I see you made an appearance on Fishboy's last blog entry. And I see you have a blog now... very interesting... :-)

    By Blogger Endless Drool, at Monday, November 27, 2006 10:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home